Speech Language Therapist and Audiologist
Jana Heath graduated with a B. Communication Pathology. (Speech Language Therapist and Audiologist) from the University of Pretoria in 2005. She worked at the Ermelo Provincial Hospital for the year of 2006 and in private practice in Pretoria for 2007.
Jana and her husband then moved to the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean. Initially Jana worked as a Special Needs Coordinator (SENCO) at a private school (Cayman International School). Thereafter Jana was part of a team of therapists that worked for the Cayman Islands Education Department. During this time, she worked in mainstream schools, special needs schools and in the Cayman Islands Early Intervention Programme. This Early Intervention programme focused on providing services for children between birth and 6 years. The Cayman Islands are very diverse in the sense that expatriates from all over the world reside in Cayman. This afforded Jana with the opportunity to work with people from many diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Jana, her husband and son returned to South Africa after having spent seven years in Cayman and founded Jana Heath Speech Therapy and Audiology Practice in December 2015.
Jana has extensive experience working with children
- Apraxia (Difficulty planning and coordinating movements needed to make speech sounds)
- Articulation and phonological delays and disorders,
- Down Syndrome, genetic conditions and syndromes
- Global Developmental delays,
- Learning disabilities,
- Expressive and receptive language delays,
- Auditory Processing (listening problems)
- Hanen® Certified- It Takes Two to Talk ®
- PROMPT Trained:
- “Introduction to PROMPT Technique”
- “Bridging Technique to Intervention”
- Lidcombe Program for Early Intervention for Stuttering
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)- Level 1